Dynamic Warm Up
Echo Bike/Backwards Sled Drags (turf)/Anti-rotational Side Scoop Tosses
90 seconds/200x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/200x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/200x60’—60’/14x8—8
90 seconds/200x60’—60’/14x8—8
Band Assisted Pull Ups/Slingshot Dips/Anti-rotational Kettlebell Woodchopper Swings
sbx12/bwx20/70.5x15 – 15
sbx12/bwx20/70.5x15 – 15
sbx12/bwx20/70.5x15 – 15
Nordic Curl Negatives (5 seconds)/Quad Fallbacks (10” target)
bwx5/bwx12
bwx5/bwx12
bwx5/bwx12
Mace Swings
19x25/25 (pendulum)
19x25/25 (360)
19x25/25 (360)
Stretching
Comments: Body wasn’t feeling the greatest after last session. Something I did irritated my lower back/hip and I’m not sure if it was the increased weight on either the ssb seated gms or the ankle weight marches. The good news I guess is not doing them again after this week as switch into more gym stuff vs mobility/conditioning stuff. But it was still annoying having things feel tense. No pain, just tension in the right hip area. Just have to rest and see. With getting up earlier for the commuting, even though I felt like I had slept in a good bit, it wasn’t that bad and was able to get things ready to go. I was somewhat tempted to try and do the workout at home rather than drive with knowing there was construction diverting traffic and just seeing the costs of gas go up every day this week. Wouldn’t be so bad if I was still on the telework cycle of things. Even with having to drive a different route to get to the gym, it was mostly pleasant drive. It was a little cooler out but didn’t mean it was that much less humid. Decent amount of people there but the two I knew and friendly with left before I finished the first series of exercises. Humid even with the fans in the wind tunnel area. I ended up being distracted a bit with my mobility warming up stuff catching up and talking strongman stuff. Foam rolling starting things off. My right calf needed a ton of work today. It needed more than everything else combined for the foam rolling by like a 3 times the amount. Barely needed anything else where though. Neck rehab/mobility stuff felt like it should. No issues with glute activation or lower body mobility. Might have done extra. I was glad with this bit as last session my knee got achy for no reason. Dead hang to finish things up, could feel a little tension in the shoulders. This workout is definitely the one that I get sweatiest on and becomes appropriate to lay down afterwards. Starting things off was the same triset of echo bike into sled drags and then medicine ball tosses. I kept the times, reps and distances the same here but added 15lbs to the sled drag portion. I did feel like my muscles were tired on these at the start compared to last time but felt better by the end of it. I was sweating a ton but didn’t feel completely dead during or between sets. Almost casual but that was definitely not the case when I was done as I went to be by the fan and lay there until I felt cooled off. I was kind of hoping this would have whatever was tense in my hip/back calm down with the forces required to do stuff here. I’ve usually not been a fan of the echo bike but it has grown on me. This was to be the last week (and won’t be back the next two weeks for sure) and I’m almost reconsidering that. Put that stuff away before moving onto the next triset. This had been tougher than I had expected it for the most part. The pull ups I had felt like my endurance was lagging big time with how easy the first set was compared to the last set and the dips had felt way too easy. The kettlebell stuff however felt excruciatingly tough and had really been taxing my ability to recover between sets. I was prepared for this to suck again this week with it being essentially smooth sailing after this point in the session. The pull ups felt better this week overall and I feel like I was a bit more prepared for the swings with taking a brief breather between sides before taking a rest between the triset. The dips felt odd this week. Shoulders were a little achy and so were my elbows. I didn’t really notice any of that last time when I did these although that was lower reps. It is possible from me doing more of the those bradford presses or something. But finished with this as well and lay down in front of the fan again before moving on to the next thing. I was feeling a bit of indigestion this time around so I wasn’t too keen on putting anything down besides the intraworkout drink and even that felt risky. It wasn’t like the remaining stuff was going to be put a strain on my stomach but I’d be moving a bit in odd ways. Superset again of Nordic curl negatives and quad fallbacks. I didn’t intend to alter this but I did adjust the knee pad placement so there was better support (which allowed me to focus on better movement pattern and control) and I lowered the “target” by 2” that I was having my head touch as I had done 12” no problem the week before. I don’t know if I’ve actually tried that height to touch before. Waking up the hamstrings as they need to get back up to standard and making sure my quads, hips and ankles aren’t causing issues. Once again, the last thing was to do mace work. I had figured things out eventually by the end of session last time. I feel my warming up wasn’t good for what I was planning to do and with the movement I had to ditch my glasses and do-rag so as not to impede my revolutions. I had been surprised with the grip/wrist workout last time. The main intent had been scapular mobility and conditioning with the shoulders. I can see where there is risk of injury if something goes askew with the rotations. I think I’m good on these for now. Once done, I downed my shake and cleaned up a little before driving home. Stretched and eventually ate dinner late. Things to get a little more serious next week.
Poundage Progression - Brooks Kubik
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment