Dynamic Warm Up
EZ Curl Bar Pullover PNF Stretches/Peterson Stepdowns (3”)/Paused Behind the Neck Strict Presses (3 seconds top of head)
12x10--bwx15/15--45x10
12x10--bwx15/15--45x10
Paused Tibialis Raises (2 seconds)/Calf Raises: 25 reps
bwx25/bwx25 (FHL)
bwx25/bwx25 (KOT)
Chaos Bands Pushups/Assisted Spanish Squats
bwx15/bwx40 seconds
bwx15/bwx40 seconds
bwx15/bwx40 seconds
One Arm Half Kneeling Dumbbell Strict Presses (3-0-3-1 tempo)/One Arm Half Kneeling Band Lat Pulldowns
40x8/8 – abx30/30 seconds
40x8/8 – abx30/30 seconds
40x8/8 – abx30/30 seconds
Band Pullaparts/Band Shoulder Dislocations
mbx15/mbx10
mbx15/mbx10
Stretching
Comments: No sense in waiting until evening since off work this day. I’m glad that it didn’t take me like a week to get used to the time zone like when I went to Ireland last year. Got a fair number of bruises still healing (and none from World’s) and wish that my left elbow wasn’t acting up on me still. I was able to maintain my weight with being overseas and eating normal routine at home. I’ve needed the time off back home just to get things figured out and get ready for working again. Foam rolling starting things off. Calves and quads really needed it. Hamstrings were fine as was upper back. Neck rehab/mobility stuff felt like it should. No issues with glute activation or lower body mobility. Dead hang to finish things up. On to the weights. Well kind of. This training is a bit different from the usual for this week and next. To say it is exercises is more accurate. First cluster of them was kind of more movement and mobility focus. PNF stretches for the ribcage/lats and then knees with step downs and then getting shoulders to move well with BTN stuff. Other than the left triceps/elbow issue from the competition, these were fine. I was happy that my knees weren’t terribly upset with me on the step downs. From there ankle stuff with tib raises and calf raises. I’ve not usually done the tib raises with pauses so that really got tough on those fast on the second round. No real issues with the different calf raise variations. I did a slight change up with the exercise order after this as I had one plan in mind initially but decided to have the pairings make more sense. Off season is kind of the only time I do push ups and I set those with the assisted Spanish squats. I can’t get the right form I want with keeping my torso upright without assistance and I liked how those felt for time. Chaos band push ups with less band tension than usual so a bit more chaotic. These were a bit more taxing so I did take breathers between sets compared to other stuff where it was back to back. The next pairing did have an exercise that could be iffy with the triceps and that was one arm strict overhead pressing. Only 40lbs but doing them with tempo so each rep just feels harder. Especially after 4 reps. Thankfully, no worse for wear than doing anything else but these were the most challenging thing of the session. Rested about a minute between sides as the pairing was with timed effort of lat band pulldowns. Single arm here as well and pulling to the hip with the motion. Those felt comfortable. Just getting the work in here. This little bit with the 60 seconds or so rest between sides and exercises did slow down the pace on this session. But finished that and last thing was some bands stuff for the shoulder girdle. Pull aparts and dislocations. At this point, these were challenging as my upper back and shoulders were feeling worn out from the other stuff. This is the idea with these sessions to do work and general physical preparedness. Put stuff away and got to eating my usual three small meals at once to get caught up on things. Stretched afterwards.
Shoulder Pain - Gregory Steiner (1999)
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment