Dynamic Warm Up
Seated Band Hamstring Curls (3-3-0-0 tempo)
lb’sx20
lb’sx20
Wide Grip 1” Platform Romanian Deadlifts (beltless, straps, 5 seconds eccentrics)
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x10
245x10
275x9 (miscounted)
300x10
Dumbbell Walking Lunges
22’sx12/12
22’sx12/12
22’sx12/12
Paused Copenhagen Plank Lifts (2 seconds)
bwx10/10
bwx10/10
bwx10/10
Standing Band Hip Adductions/Hanging L-Sits
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
Safety Squat Bar Single Leg Seated Calf Raises (0-3-0-3 tempo)
65x15/15
65x15/15
Stretching
Comments: Getting caught up on Monday did nothing for me being fine after that as just got bombarded with work and having to hope that I retain information from the past two days for putting in records tomorrow. I did make sure I got in a walk Tuesday but likely not walking tomorrow as family thing after work. Just need to get through this week and then back to better sleep cycle and options. Starting things off with foam roller stuff and kind of like last week with needing more on everywhere compared to Monday. I guess upper back and hamstrings were about the same level of need. Calves have thankfully not been at the levels they were leading up to Worlds. Quads seem to need the most lately. Neck rehabbing exercises felt good. Lower body stuff with glute activation and mobility felt fine. Could tell hamstrings were a tad tight. Dead hang was ok. On to training. Tempo band leg curls like the past two weeks. Only 2 sets going forward here. My right hamstring had felt sore on these at the start last week and thankfully not the case this time. Some of the more intense hamstring stuff is being reduced as switching to different exercises. These still start out easy and get very taxing by the end of it. But I know these are good for me. Rdls followed. A few changes to what I did the past two weeks. No longer snatch grip but wide grip. So hands in like 2-3 spaces. Meaning I can do these out of the rack rather than saw horses. Going to stick to beltless for this week and the next 3 weeks I think (before switching off-season to comp prep). I’m aiming for full ROM on these rdls rather than just to below knees or mid shin like in the past. So standing on a 1” platform so even if slightly high, I’m going to floor as that is where I struggle to break the weight. Another change being no pauses or tempo on the concentric. These are 5 seconds eccentrics here. I figured I could do a bit more than the other style just from past experience. So the goal was to do 4x10 with first set being 5RIR and the last one being 2-3RIR. I didn’t succeed here as my first working set was too easy and my last working set was too hard. Sets of five reps warming up. I went up a good bit on the third set as the first two sets just felt too easy. I had contemplated doing 25lbs jumps but went with 20lbs and I guess felt that I should course correct. 275lbs didn’t feel too bad but I could tell it had felt like effort. I think I’d have stuck to 20lbs jumps if I had been aware that I miscounted on the 275lbs set, which gave me a false sense of things for the last set. But I guess I wanted to put 300lbs on to something at this point in training with things feeling as they did. I pretty much lost my brace on the last rep of these so I will need to adjust plans for next week as plan was 10% more for 3x8 with top weight but that was with more in the tank. But no failed lifts and things are progressing. Lighter fare following. Walking lunges next. Continuing to deviate from the original plan as had these as just bodyweight through duration but feel like having weight added is important, even if it is a little bit. Only doing these one more week after this anyways before changing things up. My right knee was unfortunately not wanting to cooperate today so I did have to do little bit of moving around to warm up and have things feeling ok to go. Trying to do these without knee sleeves. Just a little increase in weight on these light dumbbells but legs and lungs are feeling it. I was sweating a bit after the last set and spaced out a little before moving on with the training session. Copenhagen plank lift holds after that. Same as it has been the past two weeks with 3x10 with 1-2ct holds. I did change things here with using the single leg bench instead of the adjustable bench. Definitely increased the difficulty with the increased ROM for the lower leg on these. I had not inclination to do a longer hold. I was kind of surprised how tough these were. But this work with the legs is important. And then on to standing band hip adductions combined with hanging l-sits. No Nordic curl stuff. Those are quite intense and a five weeks of those is enough with changes to other exercises. Don’t want to strain something like has happened in the past pushing the intense stuff too long and hard. These continue to be same reps and sets. I’ve been keeping the band tension the same, mostly because other stuff is a bit intense and these feel like I’m doing movement. Less of an issue with the hanging l-sits compared to the past two weeks. That had been the usual end to the session but now adding in calf raises. Single leg seated variety with tempo emphasis on the stretch and contraction peaks. Using the ssb as easier to load and control. Plan was 2 sets of 15-20 reps using 3-5 seconds on the holds. I figured empty ssb and go from there with 3 seconds as I recalled these took a while in the past and that I wanted to make sure I was doing work and not shortchanging things. My right calf has not felt strong for a good bit now and this seemed to be the best way to work directly. These is a discrepancy in strength here as left side didn’t really have an issue whereas the right this was challenging. Now I have that truth, I can hopefully improve and fix things. One positive is that the sets take so long but aren’t taxing on other stuff I can get rehydrated and just go one leg to the other as recovering between legs and such. Put away the equipment and ate dinner before stretching. Just two more work days.
Lifting, Dinner and a Double-Bill Movie/Tune
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment