Dynamic Warm Up
Seated Band Hamstring Curls (3-3-0-0 tempo)
lb’sx20
lb’sx20
Wide Grip 1” Platform Romanian Deadlifts (beltless, straps, 5 seconds eccentrics)
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x8
315x8
315x8
252x13
Dumbbell Walking Lunges
26’sx16/16
26’sx16/16
Paused Copenhagen Plank Lifts (1 second)
bwx12/12
bwx12/12
bwx12/12
Standing Band Hip Adductions/Hanging L-Sits
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
(2)µbx15/15 – bwx30 seconds
Safety Squat Bar Single Leg Seated Calf Raises (0-3-0-3 tempo)
70x20/20
70x20/20
Stretching
Comments: Fall weather is up and down. It was near perfect weather Monday and then it got cold enough that night I needed to switch to having heating on. But it was still nice enough out for pleasant walk during lunch. I prefer having that break in the sunlight to clear my head a bit and reattack work. I was a little worried for this upcoming session. Only the rdls because I had pushed things last week so having to adjust plans to compensate for that and hoping I was recovered enough. Adding back extensions on Saturday was going to take something out of them I fear. Right hip was been a feeling a bit tight since last week. Not sure if a lower back thing or a hip thing. Also not sure if from Day 2 or Day 3 training session that started it. But it isn’t painful, just noticeable. Soft tissue work on trouble spots as well. Digestion still playing catch up. Starting things off with foam roller stuff. Not as much as I needed on Monday. Calves have thankfully not been at the levels they were leading up to Worlds but still needing a bit. Hamstrings were fine. Right quad needed it a good bit today and mostly trying to get the hip thing in the front of the leg to calm down with this too. Left barely needed it today. Upper back didn’t need so much today compared to past two sessions or so. Neck rehabbing exercises felt good. It was ok feeling, like not massive tightness or DOMs from Day 1 but still needed to loosen up things. Lower body stuff with glute activation and mobility felt fine. I held my stretches a bit longer this time just as some stuff was feeling tighter. Dead hang was ok. On to training. Tempo band leg curls with 2 sets of 15-20 like last week. Of course doing 20 reps with the tempo. Keeping same band tension as this is plenty by the end. First set felt easy and second set I was tough by the end. I knew it was better to take a normal rest rather than go right into the second set despite how good that first set felt. Right hamstring still feels tension as fatigue sets in but nothing like it was 2 weeks ago. Right hip is feeling some tension on these and trying to adjust my hip as needed to see if anything feels better/worse. Beltless work on the rdls continues. 5 second eccentrics with these on the wide grip style on 1” platform. Plan was again to work up in sets of 5 reps and then do working weight. I skipped 95lbs as I felt like 135lbs was fine to start with for deadlifting stuff now and I didn’t really want the extra set working up of fatigue as sets of 5 were going to get exhausting since plan was 15lbs more than top set last week for 3x8. Which was a big ask I think It was a bigger jump but that was with having 2-3RIR on the last set which I did not do. These were feeling heavier this week and I blame the back extensions for that. 40-50lbs jumps. Somehow, I managed to get these done and not have them be RPE 10 each set. Last bit on these was a down set with 80% of the working weight. Aim being max reps with 2-3RIR. I was ok on the max reps part but not the RIR part. I got greedy even though 10 reps would’ve been fine leaving 2-3RIR. I kept going and got 12 reps which had likely 1-2RIR and then I decided YOLO and did a 13th rep which was my limit as like last week on the last rep my brace became compromised on the concentric. I think I’m ok with that for this week and last with being when I call it as likely I could do more with support gear. But that wrecked me a good bit and I had the rest of the session to go. The lighter stuff that makes me look silly was on deck. Walking lunges next. Tentatively this is the last week of these. I don’t like how tough these end up being but I like the end result with what they seem to be hitting. Initially 2x15 for this potentially last session of these but since I’m not doing a straight shot or in the street like I had been doing previously, doing turns every 2 reps each side. So 16 reps felt like a better number. I went up in weight just so I could do the 6lbs handles with 10’s on each side rather than deal with microplates and the like. One good thing was that my knees weren’t so achy that I had to do stuff to get them feeling ok and was able to go right into it. As has been the case, slower first set versus following sets as I get used to it. I was still feeling the rdls and I was contemplating stopping at 14 reps but went for the 16. I had to take a bit of rest to recover before the second set but that one felt better than the first. Glutes were feeling sore and twitching. I’m considering adjustments to following sessions just being mindful of how I’m feeling. Copenhagen plank lift holds after that. 3x12 with bodyweight and only 1ct holds. Felt easy enough at the start and I think I tried to get these done quicker but found I did still need some rest. And rushing had the liquids in me wanting to come back up. Possibly these may get the hip to feel a little better. From there the superset of band hip adductions combined with hanging l-sits. No changes here as just trying to have the adductions smooth after the more intense Copenhagen stuff and more focus on the l-sit hangs and getting those to be easier/tolerable. Noticing need to engage upper body more on the hangs to keep position better. Then the last thing being single leg seated calf work again. Same as last week with 2 sets of 15-20 reps using 3 seconds on the holds at max contraction and max stretch. Aim was to get 20 reps this time around. Figured adding 5lbs would a little but a lot. Right side was challenging to get but left side didn’t feel like so far above it compared to last time. I did take a slight break between sets this time as the added reps did seem to be a bit harder to recover from this time around. Put away the equipment and ate dinner before stretching.
Lifting, Dinner and a Double-Bill Movie/Tune
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment