Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 5, 2016 – Test Day – Strict Press

It got down to about 14 degrees last night. Choking down turkey meat patties and chicken breasts. Trying to get into the right mindset for lifting. Thinking the food on my plate was preventing me from my goals. Like most of my pressing, it can be fickle. But I’ve been improving and improving.

Dynamic Warm-ups

Barbell Strict Presses
45x10
85x5
85x5
125x3
125x3
165x1
195x1
225x1
255x1
275x1
290x1 PR+5lbs
305x0

31 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: I was nervous heading to the gym. This was a good sign, it means I care. Much like the last testing day I did about 11 months ago, I took my time. Only thing I needed to think about was pressing weight. Only thinking about hitting a small PR and go from there. The bar went a little in front on 255lbs so it felt heavy. I knew what was off and knew I could keep going. A bit slow off the shoulders with 275lbs so lockout was quite a bit tougher than it should have been. Took off the limiters for the next set. Really flew up there. I knew it wasn’t my max but hard to gauge when I’m really hyped like this. Mentally draining to do it. I made a gamble and went heavier than I was originally planning. It didn’t feel impossible and it was close. Nothing left but to keep pushing it and rest until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment