Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 12, 2015 – Week 11, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Hatfield Overload Squats
130x5
130x5
220x3
220x3
310x1
310x1
400x3
400x3
400x3

Farmer’s Walk
180xpick
180x75’
180x75’
180x75’

32 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: Super-secret double deload continues. Only thing on the agenda was hatfield squats and farmer’s walks. Both knee intensive. The weight wasn’t a problem with squats, just had to be a bit more measured in my approach. Making sure I walked out the weight and was stable and then mentally preparing for the descent with the weight on the first rep. If I get the first rep done, the others are much easier. Key is stability on that first rep. These didn’t bother my knee nearly as much as I was expecting. I didn’t lockout my legs at the top of the lifts so that probably helped matters. Last set was the best one. Home for farmer’s walks. A bit of a break having to set things up. I realized that I hadn’t been going as far as I was supposed to during the previous two weeks. I had misread the training for 60’ instead of 75’. I’d be lying if I said that those missed 90’ wasn’t bothering me, even though I know I could have done it and my grip wouldn’t have been an issue. My right biceps wouldn’t stop twitching and both elbows were a bit achy. Much like the squats, the pick was a bit more deliberate for the knee’s sake and then I picked up speed during the run. The felt easier and my speed got better each set. Stretched and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment