Friday, January 24, 2014

January 23, 2014 – Week 1, Day 2

Dynamic Warm-ups

Dumbbell Front Squats
53x3
53x3
55x1
80x12
90x12
100x12
110x11
120x13

Safety Squat Bar Step-Ups (24")
60x8/8
70x8/8
80x8/8
90x8/8

Leg Extensions
135x25
135x20

Standing Cable Rope Abs
150x21

25 Minutes of Stretching

Comments: First lower body session after time off. Even though the stuff is light, the ortho wanted me to wear my rehband back support while lifting to keep my back muscles warm. I probably should have worn it last workout. First up was a dumbbell squat variation. I'm not sure if I did them right but I did my best. I worked on trying to stay upright and feel the hips and glutes working. Paused in the hole as well. I lost count on the second to last set and only did 11 so I did another rep on the last set. So far, so good. Next was step-ups with the ssb. Nothing new here but this was probably more of a test than the squats in that it would put more lateral stress on my back. This went well too. Next was leg extensions. I haven't done this exercise in over a decade. I used to be good at them haha. I tried budging 200lbs but that wasn't happening so I went with the lowest number my ego could handle. No knee issues so happy about that. Last item of the day was standing ab work. First rep I felt something shift in my back but rather than pain, I felt relief. Maybe I just needed to do a sit-up this whole time haha. Stretched out and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment