Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 05, 2011 - Extra Workout

First off, I want to congratulate my friend, Mike Jenkins, on his second place finish at the Arnold Strongman Classic. A lot of people didn't think he deserved to go there and well, I think he shut them all up today.

Double Band Leg Curls
IW#3'sx30
IW#3'sx30

Rotary Hip Extensions
175x25/25 PR+12.5lbs
175x25/25

Machine Hip Abductions
135x25 PR+15lbs
135x25

Belt Squats
130x25 PR+25lbs
130x25

Ankle Chain Weight Lying Leg Curls
11'sx250

Band Face Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Band Press Downs
IW#1'sx100

Band Straight Arm Lat Pulls
IW#1'sx100

Comments: Pretty much over my cold, so this is probably the fastest I've recovered from one. Slept in late and just kept my eyes glued to the internet, hitting refresh to see if there were more updates on the Arnold. I went to the Y to workout between the break in the action. Leg curls were pretty good, going to up the band tension and drop the reps down next time. Still trucking along on hip extensions. I made a big jump on abductions and I will be staying at this weight for next time. Belt squats are getting better and better. Ankle weight leg curls started out explosive and easy but I ran out of steam and had to take a break with about 70 reps to go. Going to be at this weight until I can do several workouts with this weight without taking a break in a row. Went home and did my upper body band stuff. No breaks. Going to up the band tension. I'm hoping to get back to event training this coming week and if that works out, I will be doing just two extra workouts a week instead of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment